Riders Announced For Up The Yard Challenge at Punchestown
Sixteen riders and four reserves have been selected to line up for the inaugural running of the Up The Yard Challenge Race for stable and stud staff at Punchestown on Saturday 18th November.
The race is the centrepiece of a new initiative at Punchestown whereby stable and stud staff are invited to attend a celebration event with live music, dedicated hospitality area, party food, inter-yard games, spot prizes, entertainment and of course free admission.
TRI Equestrian have generously sponsored prizes for the Up The Yard Challenge with the winning yard receiving €3,000 of vouchers for the staff and each rider will receive a €100 voucher for the Curragh based equestrian superstore. Trainers and studs nominated riders by last Monday, 16th October and names were announced at Punchestown on Thursday. The criteria for nominees is that they must be 18 years and over, maximum race weight is 12 stone and most importantly, the nominee must have not ridden under rules or in a point to point at any stage.
The riders and reserves for the 2017 Up The Yard Challenge Race
- Marcel de Courcey – Tom Mullins
- Ryan McKeever – Tracey Collins
- Jan Kral – John ‘Shark’ Hanlon
- Colm Hand – Dermot McLoughlin
- Jamie Dwyer – Jim Dreaper
- Louise Magee – Gordon Elliott
- Morris Sweeney – Roger McGrath
- Triona McLaughlin – Ballyhane Stud
- Elaine Kelly – Ballylinch Stud
- Dillon Phillips – Dermot Weld
- Deirdre Hogan – Denis Hogan
- Veronika Snajdrova – Dot Love
- John Griffin – Jim Bolger
- Ashley Hussey – Jessica Harrington
- Katie Murphy – Eugene O’Sullivan
- Jack Martin – Noel Meade
R1 Cody Keogh – Garvan Donnelly
R2 Emma Brophy – Liam Cusack
R3 Stephen Thorne – Ado McGuinness
R4 Ciaran O’Dwyer – Gavin Cromwell
All riders will have to attend an afternoon assessment in RACE. Further details and race conditions to follow.
For further information please contact Punchestown racecourse, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and visit punchestown.com